Business Case Development
Grid visibility supporting increasing solar adoption in Rural Electrical Cooperative
Location: NE United States
Reference: Pilot program
- 40,000 customer rural network. Over 30MW rooftop solar, contributing 60% peak power. Unable to limit customer PV or EV installation or size.
- No active visibility of power quality and fault detection below zone substation level.
- 100% AMI coverage, reports kWh consumption on hourly basis with 10-12 delivery delay.
- Edge Zero monitoring provides real time circuit and transformer level capacity and power quality data
- Scalable pilot program with tailored use cases and KPIs
- Edge data supports dynamic operating thresholds which interface with active DERMS and demand management providers
- Improved power quality and fault detection
- Improved customer service and experience
Edge Zero Advantage
- Real time, real data visibility at an asset level enables accurate power quality data and fault detection
- Actual asset level data rather than deemed utilisation from AMI and grid model calculations
January 17, 2024